Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Cape Cod

spent couple of days this Memorial Day weekend at Cape Cod, re-familiarizing myself with the sea. Got in the car on Saturday with few choice CDs and did the "On the Road" thing, except that I had the comfort of my own transportation. Still, I started driving without any maps or directions, just following the road sign pointing me towards the Cape.

The sea and I are old friends. Older I think than I can remember. I have always been captivated by the enormous secrets she's hiding in her depths, and quite often weary by her. I knew a woman who was the same way, her soul an ocean, her eyes a deep blue sea that dragged me in its depths unbeknownst to me. And willingly I let myself be dragged by the currents of her charm. But that's the stuff for a later story.

No comments: