Friday, April 29, 2005

For Those Who Think Jazz

Sunil reminded me about the Montreal Jazz festival the other day. As the summer is getting closer, jazz music festivals will be abundant, from New Orlean's Jazz Fest, to the International Jazz Festival in Montreal, to the Newport festival, just to name a few. So here's a reminder of couple of these festivals with links to their respective webpages for the lineups.


Link

The Newport Jazz festival is one of my favourites, and although I have never been to it, I have enjoyed listening to various live recordings made over the years, including Miles Davis' 1958 live performance, and Stan Kenton among many. This time, being much closer to Newport than before, I plan to attend the September event and post reviews and pics from some of the events.

Link

No comments: